Remember how I told y'all on my last post that my insurance covers for fertility? Well, it still does... But I found out it only covers to an extent. I have a lifetime maximum of $5,000 for fertility treatments. Which means that while my insurance does cover for fertility, once they pay $5,000 towards any fertility treatment they will not pay any more and we are then responsible for the rest. And like I mentioned before one round of IVF is usually around $20,000. So in the grand scheme of things $5,000 is not a lot of money. But - there is a bright side. Thankfully my husband has insurance through his employer as well. And fertility is also covered under his insurance plan. And his lifetime max is $20,000! Which means that his insurance pays a lot more than mine and it would basically cover for our first round of IVF (hopefully we would only have to do one round but you never know). The only catch there is that his open enrollment is in November. Which means if we decided to add me to his insurance we would have to wait until November to even consider IVF. Ugh! We have not decided if that is what we will do. A big part of me does not want to wait and just do it on my insurance and finance the rest. But there is a big part of me that thinks "what if we have to do this more than once"? Does it really make sense to get into that much debt when we do have an option of me going on my husband's insurance and being fully covered??? We have yet to make a decision because we are waiting for my husband's HR Representative to call him back so she can answer some concerns we have. The biggest concern is making 100% sure that if I were to switch over to his insurance that we would have NO issues with filing for IVF. The worst thing in my mind that could happen is that we wait till November, only to be denied. Man, just the thought of that makes me sick because that would be so much lost time!!!
So.... we are in limbo. Again. Awaiting another phone call before we make yet another decision. This is all so heavy. I got upset last night just thinking about having to wait until November to get started. I feel like we have been in this for so long already. But I know I need to have patience and trust that things will happen when they are supposed to. And I think deep down I am hoping for a miracle and that maybe my husband's insurance policy has changed and their open enrollment is sooner than November. I doubt that is the case, but a girl can hope. Right?? And if November is indeed the soonest I can get added to his insurance, then we will have to make the decision - to wait, or not to wait???